[Answered] Download Limits

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Davide

[Answered] Download Limits

Post by Davide »

Hey everyone. I'm new to transition and I have a question.

it's only letting me download 2 torrents at a time, unless I donate. That's all well and good, however I just donated and it's still telling me I can only do 2 torrents at at time. Is there a certain amount I need to donate? Is there a code that I should have received to remove the limit?

Thanks!
Davide

Re: Download Limits

Post by Davide »

Whoops, My bad.

It reads,
Your current limit is 2 at the same time (torrents). See rules\ to fix limit you could donate.
blacke4dawn

Post by blacke4dawn »

You didn't say if it's from a tracker or not so please clarify that, also please state who it's asking you to donate to. This sounds more likely to be a tracker thing which Transmission can't help you with at all, since such limitations are not imposed by Transmission itself in such a way.

Could also be a custom build (though very very unlikely) which again is outside of the control of the Transmission devs. So telling us what you are running this on could be good, since I can have as many torrents downloading as I want at the same time without needing to donate to anyone to do so.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

Transmission doesn't do anything like requiring donations for extra functionality.

The message you're seeing is most likely coming from the tracker, as is the parallel download limit. The people who can answer your questions are at your tracker's forums.