Easy way to change active/inactive transfers?

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
negativeions

Easy way to change active/inactive transfers?

Post by negativeions »

When I load a series of torrents sometimes I want to change the order they download. Is there an easy way to change the active status of a torrent without messing up the queue? I have found no elegant way of doing this. I have set a limit to the # of active transfers. When I pause the torrent I want to stop, transmission usually doesn't make the next one in the queue start and seemingly chooses one at random. So I have pause all the ones that I DON'T want to download yet then drag the one I want to the top, then resume it, then resume all the others so that they're queued up again. That's ridiculous. Why can't I just drag and drop a torrent down past the # of allowed active transfers and the next one in the queue will start automatically and the one I just dragged with have "waiting to download" status. And vice versa. Drag one up to within the # of allowed active transfers and the one that that has been dropped down will auto wait again while the one I just dragged up will be active. Thanks. transmission 2.82, osx 10.6
rb07

Re: Easy way to change active/inactive transfers?

Post by rb07 »

With version 2.82: no.

Its a bug, reported here: Ticket #5298, and in several other tickets. It has been present in all the 2.8x series (all clients), and it may be fixed by the change shown in the ticket.

Originally the queue functionality worked as first-in-first-out (FIFO) order, and the order was changeable. Then a code change made it work randomly (but it appeared to work last-in-first-out (LIFO), but with a larger number of queued torrents, it was LIFO, then FIFO, then something else -- random).

The fix is supposed to restore FIFO order, which also restores the order seen in the torrent list viewed as sorted by queue order. I say supposed because only one person has tested it, and I don't know how good that testing was (or if it did use a large number of queued torrents).
negativeions

Re: Easy way to change active/inactive transfers?

Post by negativeions »

Thanks for the reply. It's really strange. I hope this bug gets fixed soon.