[Solved]Transmission-Daemon: resume data ignored by rev.2.82

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Altair

[Solved]Transmission-Daemon: resume data ignored by rev.2.82

Post by Altair »

Hello,

I'm using transmission-daemon 2.42 (13013) on OSX. Now I'd like to migrate to transmission-daemon 2.82 (14160). Building worked fine (after adding the patches/fixes from ticket #5304 and #5232), the binary works as well. Importing the settings from settings.json works, so does the watchdir support, blocklists, seeding/leeching and resuming from torrents added when running the 2.82 version. But the new version doesn't import the resume data from the 2.42 version. I noticed the resume directory changed from $config_dir/resume to $config_dir/Resume, so I (hard)linked the resume files, to no avail. Am I missing something or did the file format of the resume files itself change between this two versions? And is there a way to add the resume data without having to rehash/verify every torrent?

Thanks!

Edit: I noticed the resume file created by 2.82 has a field "name", which was not present in a resume file created by 2.42 I inspected. Might that be the problem?
From trac:
TR_FR_FILENAMES = (1 << 20),
TR_FR_NAME = (1 << 21),
were added between revisions 13013 and 13936 in libtransmission/resume.h

Second Edit: I noticed that the "torrent" directory of 2.42 was renamed to "Torrent" for 2.82. After linking the files from the former to the later the import proceeded as expected. So both "resume" and "torrent" directories (not set in settings.json) need to be moved after an upgrade, the "watch" "incomplete" and "completed" directories (set in settings.json) can stay the same.