Nothing downloads anymore :(

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
weaselman

Nothing downloads anymore :(

Post by weaselman »

I am running an old ubuntu system (11.04), with transmission 2.13 on it.
I don't see any way I could upgrade transmission without upgrading ubuntu first, and I really hope to avoid that ...

It was working fine for me for a while, but since fairly recently, I don't seem to be able to download any torrents at all. I thought, the problem was with magnet links, but looks like regular torrents aren't working either. When I add a torrent, it just sits there forever, saying either "Downloading from 0 of 0 connected peers" or "Downloading from 0 peers", and nothing happens to it however long I let it sit.

I thought, it might have been a bad torrent, but, like I said, it seems that *any* torrent is doing this since recently. When I open the properties of these torrents, the tracker list is empty. So, I think, maybe, that is the problem, and throw some trackers there (copy them from other torrents, that have downloaded successfully earlier). This does not help much. When I check the tracker list again later, most of the statuses look like "Peer list request timed out 27 minutes ago". Some look better however: "Got a list of 5 peers 35 minutes ago" ... This does not seem to make any difference though - all the torrents are still sitting stuck at "0 of 0".

Does this make sense to anyone? Are all my torrents just bad? Or is there something wrong with the client? Is it just badly out of date? Is upgrading linux my only option?

Thanks very much for any help!