Jquery problem in the web client

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Quiksilver

Jquery problem in the web client

Post by Quiksilver »

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question with an obvious answer that I just haven't been able to find.
Unfortunately nothing I have found here or on other sites has lead me closer to a solution to my problem.

I've recently upgraded to Transmission 2.84 (14307) in order to fix this issue, and I had the same problem in 2.82. The server OS is Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS and the client OS is Windows 7.
I've not tried a nightly build since I have not found anything indicated that it might already be fixed and since this problem has been present in both the old 2.82 as well as the version I just upgraded to.

I've been using the web interface for Transmission for about a year now, it's been working fantastic, but a couple of months ago something happened that makes it more or less impossible to use.

When I log in I get a message saying:
Connection Failed
Could not connect to the server. You may need to reload the page to reconnect.
[Dismiss] [Details]

It does not seem to be a browser issue, it's not working in IE or Firefox either.

Looking in the Developer tools for Chrome I see a warning:
jquery.min.js:4 Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

And then an error message:
jquery.min.js:4 POST http://<removed my host name>:9091/transmission/rpc 409 (Conflict)send
@ jquery.min.js:4f.extend.ajax
@ jquery.min.js:4TransmissionRemote.sendRequest
@ remote.js:96TransmissionRemote.loadDaemonPrefs
@ remote.js:101Transmission.loadDaemonPrefs
@ transmission.js:117Transmission.initialize
@ transmission.js:107Transmission
@ transmission.js:10(anonymous function)
@ common.js:78o
@ jquery.min.js:2p.fireWith
@ jquery.min.js:2e.extend.ready
@ jquery.min.js:2c.addEventListener.B
@ jquery.min.js:2

The problem is not intermittent, it's the same for every login or reload. No torrents shows up in my list if I click Dismiss and the Details button does not work.
Sometimes it seems to be able to produce a list if I leave the tab open, but as soon as I add or a remove a torrent the dialog comes back.

Any ideas on what could be causing this issue?
Quiksilver

Re: Jquery problem in the web client

Post by Quiksilver »

command line stopped working too with this error:
~§ transmission-remote -n -l
[2015-10-26 21:31:14.017 CET] JSON parse failed at pos 3788: WEIRD_WHITESPACE -- remaining text "&\f0","eta":-1"
[2015-10-26 21:31:14.017 CET] transmission-remote: Unable to parse response "{"arguments":{"torrents":[{"error":0,"errorString":"","eta":-1,"id":22,"isFinished":false,"leftUntilDone":0,"name"....

Then suddenly, a week later everything is working normally again, without even a reboot or any other changes.
The only thing I've done is to remove some torrents, and even that did not help initially, but it seems it helped it to self heal some way.
SamiKapoor

Re: Jquery problem in the web client

Post by SamiKapoor »

JQuery is a cross-stage JavaScript library intended to streamline the customer side scripting of HTML. jQuery's language structure is intended to make it simpler to explore an archive, jquery tutorial pdf It is free, open-source programming utilizing the tolerant MIT License. Web examination demonstrates that it is the most broadly sent JavaScript library by a vast edge. The measured way to deal with the jQuery library permits the production of intense element site pages and Web applications.