Download keeps stopping at 96.23% - Why?

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
erinkatemcd

Download keeps stopping at 96.23% - Why?

Post by erinkatemcd »

My download keeps stopping at 96.23%. It will either drop to 0 peers, or maybe be connected to 1, but won't download past that that percentage either way. Is this an issue with the torrent? Any suggestions?
erinkatemcd

Re: Download keeps stopping at 96.23% - Why?

Post by erinkatemcd »

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't fully understand how torrenting works, but I've never run into an issue where it will download part of all the files but not finish up the last little bit, even with plenty of peers. How does a torrent exist with a lot of peers that is only 96.23% available?
blinding

Post by blinding »

If the original seed is removed before the peers have a complete copy then there is no way for them to finish. The peers will share with each other and eventually they all have the same percentage but there is no seed to fill in the missing part. If the peers keep trying then new downloads will also get the partial copy and then sit waiting.

The status display should show the percentage each peer has. If none of them have 100% then it is likely you will not complete the download.
Last edited by blinding on Sun May 15, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelonyc

Post by angelonyc »

I have had a few downloads stop and lock at 96 - 99%.. I tried a few times.. deleted torrent and started again.. No joy.. I eventually trashed the download after several ties.. Happens very very rarely for me..