file path after moving file MyCloud

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
rhintintin

file path after moving file MyCloud

Post by rhintintin »

Hi,

I realise this is a n00b question. I've had a good search and can't find an answer though.

I'm using transmission for the first time on my new MyCloud Mirror. I downloaded a couple of files but put them in the root of the drive. I've managed to get them back out using putty, but now I can't seem to get Transmission to seed the files.

I think I'm just fouling up because I'm not used to the directory structures tbh.

The files I'm wishing to continue seeding are in Public\Shared Videos when I'm navigating the drive from Windows. In Putty the directory is shown as /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/Shared Videos

So in transmission I've set the location to /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/Shared Videos only to get a message that no data is found after I ask it to verify the local data. The torrents contain just a single file with no embedded directory.

Can someone point out the error I'm making here. And try not to snigger too much at my n00bishness.

TIA
rhintintin

Re: file path after moving file MyCloud

Post by rhintintin »

ugh. Scrap that. I'd done the hard work. It seems clicking to Verify Local Data wasn't the right thing to do. I needed to restart the torrent, at which point the files were seen by transmission and it's started seeding them.