restore all seedings after linux reinstall

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
siggy2

restore all seedings after linux reinstall

Post by siggy2 »

Hi,
I have a micro server based on a raspberry pi with raspbian (with transmission-daemon 2.84 (14307) )

after the linux reinstallation I need to reseed the whole folder (more than 1k files) and I do not have all the original torrents and/or magnet links
but I have the backup of the previous transmission config files, folder content, /var /etc /home etcetera (they were on an external disk)

I tried setting it up manually with no luck

I lurked many forums and still no easy way to restore my system to the previous status (i.e. my transmission server is still totally empty despite the data are there)

I've seen some procedure to reseed single files and a script that reseed everything based on the magnet links... but I do not have them
how should I proceed?

Thanks in advance!
siggy2

Re: restore all seedings after linux reinstall

Post by siggy2 »

x190 wrote:Why is this so hard to do? You seem to have all the basic requirements, so it's a case of putting everything in the right location and then using 'Set Location' and 'Verify Local Data', as required.

See links here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18170#p74300
I apologize but I think I am missing something here:
I reinstalled the whole o.s. and then I though that I restored everything needed for our beloved bittorrent server, but, despite this, my "transmission remote gui" client shows no file at all:
Downloading (0)
Completed (0)
etc etc

I've searched the links you reported above, but if I understood correctly the options you mention are not system-wide but should be applied to the listed torrents in the GUI ... so I am sure that I am definitely missing something (basically I need to understand where transmission is storing its info between reboots).
Since I still have a backup of the whole /etc /var and the home of the user launching transmission I think I have the needed files and directories, but I need to understand how to fix them (like if there is some folder with a randomly generated name that require its content to be relocated as it happens for some browser user profile)
thanks again to you all for the support
siggy2

Re: restore all seedings after linux reinstall

Post by siggy2 »

ok - I apologize - I am a final loser

I managed to fix the missing bits
(mainly some chown commands, and systemctl daemon-reload
and the user in /lib/systemd/system/transmission-daemon.service )
in my restored configuration and now everything is back online

thanks again for your support!