Unpack RAR Modified Date is 20 minutes into the future

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
sallysensation

Unpack RAR Modified Date is 20 minutes into the future

Post by sallysensation »

I have transmission set up on my QNAP NAS to automatically unpack rars. It works successfully, however, I noticed that couchpotato was not postprocessing a recently downloaded file because it was "still unpacking." I did a little digging and saw that the "modified date" of the unpacked file was about 20 minutes into the future. I don't see anything in the unpack script that would cause that. Any suggestions? Thanks!
x190

Re: Unpack RAR Modified Date is 20 minutes into the future

Post by x190 »

Reset PRAM - ask Startpage for info.

Also large files will take longer to unpack (20 min, though... ?).
sallysensation

Post by sallysensation »

I thought PRAM was a Mac thing only. Is that also something that can be reset on a QNAP NAS? I'm not sure how that would correct my problem. The time is set correctly. All the the modified dates are correct except for the unpacked file.
x190

Post by x190 »

sallysensation wrote:I thought PRAM was a Mac thing only. Is that also something that can be reset on a QNAP NAS? I'm not sure how that would correct my problem. The time is set correctly. All the the modified dates are correct except for the unpacked file.
Sorry, Sensational Sally. :) I was seriously jet-lagged when I typed that and I do use a Mac.

QNAP forums are good info sources.

https://forum.qnap.com/faq.php#f1r3

Note, however, that many NAS devices are also unable to keep the correct last modification date & time of a file when a file is copied to the device anyway.

This is just random stuff from an internet search. A question posed on QNAP's forum, or directly to their support, should give better info.
sallysensation

Post by sallysensation »

Got ya! Thanks for your help!