Transmission - could not delete downloaded files

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
JScoff

Transmission - could not delete downloaded files

Post by JScoff »

Hello,

I have a NAS from Lenovo - Beacon. There's a pre-installed transmission client.

I have the following issue - when I'm trying to delete downloaded file (through Windows explorer - mapped drive), I got the error that I have no enough permissions and need to ask unix user / root about that.

After some googling I've found that it's necessary to set umask to 0 to allow everyone delete files, cause by default only root user can delete it. But what could I do with older files? As lenovo beacon has completely bad OS installed, I have only transmission web interface. I've tried to connect to it via SSH (using putty under windows), but I'm lon able to login as root cause I don't know the password. Default password (admin) is not working.

So please help me with this issue.

Please let me know if you need any additional info and thanks a lot for your help in advance!
JScoff

Re: Transmission - could not delete downloaded files

Post by JScoff »

P.S. I know that there's a feature - right-click on torrent file in web-interface and choose "trash data and remove from list", but unfortunately some old torrents were deleted, and files are still on disk...
JScoff

Post by JScoff »

P.P.S has finally got logged as root through SSH - change rpc password in transmission client.

What could be done to delete the files?
JScoff

Post by JScoff »

Issue solved =)

Was able to delete all the files through terminal =)

So my question right now is the following:

What umask should I set up to be able to delete the files under any user?
coscos

Post by coscos »

Hi,
I'm in the same situation but I could not follow your steps, can you please help me to set SHH from a laptop?
I connect on \beacon via Lenovo laptop and I have mapped HDD on it. I delete files, I cant see them but still space does not increase
Thanks
Cosmin