Transmission will not connect to any Peers

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
jjchap4317

Transmission will not connect to any Peers

Post by jjchap4317 »

Transmission has been working for me for years. All of a sudden it stops being able to find any peers. I created a new port forward and transmission says it is 'open' as well as canyouseeme.org is able to find it. Still no peer connections. Any other troubleshooting anyone can recommend?
jamiro

Re: Transmission will not connect to any Peers

Post by jamiro »

x190 wrote:...
x190 the link you sent, might help for many issues, but I'm facing currently identical issue as the previous user.

I have been using Transmission on Freenas OS for some years now and from the sudden it just stopped downloading.

If I get the torrent there via magnet it doesn't pass even from recognising the torrent itself, if uploaded via torrent.file it just stays waiting for peers.

Did all the logical tests. From my private computer and mobile with other torrent clients tested if could download same torrent. Note that for private computer and mobile's IP I dont even have any special port forwarding or specific/special port open and it did download without any issues.

With my few knowledge plus google found that could be some kind of dns issue (transmission/nas having problems with it)

Note: I am not using the most updated version, but, since this problem showed up I did upgrade it to the latest and the issue persisted.