transmission-daemon magnet url invalid or corrupt

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Postal291

transmission-daemon magnet url invalid or corrupt

Post by Postal291 »

So in the process of trying to get flexget working I transitioned from the regular transmission gui which I've come to know and love to the much more robust transmission-daemon with webui / remote gui / etc... interface.

After the transition, I added test torrent files to the watch-dir (nifty feature), manually added .torrent files and magnet links via webui as well as remote gui and command-line transmission-remote -a all of which worked wonderfully.

My trouble began when I wanted to associate the magnet url's with this process. Here's the rundown:

Versions

Code: Select all

lsb_release -a
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 16.10
Release: 16.10
Codename: yakkety

uname -r
4.8.0-37-generic

xfce4-about
XFCE Version 4.12, distributed by Xubuntu

midori --version
Midori 0.5.11 ((null)) Midori
GTK+ 2.24.30 (2.24.30) Glib 2.49.2 (2.50.2)
WebKitGTK+ 2.4.11 (2.4.11) libSoup 2.54.1
cairo 1.14.6 (1.14.6) libnotify No
gcr 3.20.0 granite No

transmission-daemon -V
transmission-daemon 2.92+ (caf3b7653c) (nightly build 7 Feb)
(also tested 2.92 which came with the distro)

transgui -> help -> about
Transmission Remote GUI
Version 5.0.1

curl --version
curl 7.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.50.1 GnuTLS/3.5.3 zlib/1.2.8 libidn/1.33 librtmp/2.3
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtmp rtsp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS IDN IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP UnixSockets

Methods utilized in vain attempts to pass a magnet url to transmission-daemon via xdg-mime's default x-scheme-handler/magnet output from Method 1: "Invalid or corrupt torrent file" in an error popup.
output from Method 2: none (torrent not added, no effect)
output from Method 3:

(magnet link sensored for forum rules adherance)
{"arguments":{},"result":"invalid or corrupt torrent file"}
Press any key to continue...
TL;DR: .torrent files and magnet urls add to the daemon properly when done manually, but when attempting to use a default method for x-scheme-handler/magnet the output is always invalid or corrupt torrent file for magnet links...

If any further information is needed let me know, I'm fully invested in solving this issue in order to get full functionality back using the daemon & client setup so I can eventually get flexget setup.

Any assistance is very much appreciated, thanks for your time.
Postal291

Re: transmission-daemon magnet url invalid or corrupt

Post by Postal291 »

UPDATE:
Because I'm silly and tired and didn't think of this: moved to firefox, associated magnet with transmission-remote -a %U (with subsequent credential switch) and the magnet links work like a charm.

So in summary, this bug seems to be caused by Midori passing the link wrong as an argument. As a workaround firefox works great.
Postal291

Re: transmission-daemon magnet url invalid or corrupt

Post by Postal291 »

For the sake of completion here is the link to the bug report I filed with Midori.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/midori/+bug/1662839