Getting "Error: Invalid Argument" for specific torrents

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
ndsinister

Getting "Error: Invalid Argument" for specific torrents

Post by ndsinister »

Hi,
I'm getting "Error: Invalid Argument" for specific torrents (private tracker) while the rest of the torrents are working normally.
Transmission is installed on my rooted Nexus Player (Android TV v6 Marshmallow) via Termux app and runs in daemon mode. All torrents are hosted on my NAS, which is mounted via CIFS with 0777 permissions to ~/downloads/ directory. Everything works flawlessly aside from these two torrents which I get this error for.
The issue appeared after I update to 2.92, but unfortunately it is impossible to revert package versions in termux :(
I tried to download the same torrents on my mac and they indeed download there with no issue...
At the beginning I thought permission issue, but then, how come I can download other torrents with no issue except these two?
To make sure it's not a permission issue, I made sure on my NAS that the user which is used for mounting the drive in Termux has the right permissions and ran a recursive chmod on the download directory and its content.
I also tried setting umask in transmission's settings.json to 2 (originally was 18), but also that didn't help.
I restarted the daemon multiple times and included debug logs, but those were completely not helpful. It just says "Error: Invalid Argument" all the time. So not so informative...
I really have no clue what's wrong and would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance!