How do I pause all torrents when I run out of disk space?

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
brimur

How do I pause all torrents when I run out of disk space?

Post by brimur »

Hi guys, I ran out of disk space earlier and Transmission started every single torrent that was queued to download one by one when the previous one failed. Each torrent errored out with the "no space left on device" message and after restarting the service those torrents disappeared from the queue leaving only 4K and 8K files in the temp directory. I would have thought the default action when you run our of disk would be to pause all torrents? Can I enable that? Thanks
brimur

Re: How do I pause all torrents when I run out of disk space?

Post by brimur »

I'll take that as a no then. I don't understand why it would try to continue to the next torrent when there is no disk space.
MSGBen

Post by MSGBen »

Which torrent downloader are you using?

When the link is in downloading state, click on the link with right button of your mouse and pause it. It won't download.

Btw, you shouldn't be facing such an issue since torrent stops automatically when disk space is full. Think logically.

When disk space is full or is about to get full everything you download or install stops untill the space is made on that disk.
MSGBen

Post by MSGBen »

mariad_10 wrote:I think the guy above made it quite clear.

Thanks
brimur

Post by brimur »

Im using transmission-daemon (Transmission 2.94 (d8e60ee44f)) on Ubuntu server. All the torrents are magnets. When disk space runs out the current torrent errors out and Transmission tries to magnetize all the other torrents. These then error out one after the other. The default action should be to do nothing, do not continue.