How to limit port-range of transmission-daemon?

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
ivailogeimara

How to limit port-range of transmission-daemon?

Post by ivailogeimara »

Hi

I am running transmission-daemon behind iptables firewall with default drop policy so I need to allow all the ports that transmission-daemon uses.
I found in some forums that it uses for INPUT/INBOUND tcp 9091 and tcp 51413 and for OUTPUT/OUTBOUND tcp/udp 49152:65535.
BUT I found that for some reason for OUTPUT/OUTBOUND it uses some random ports like 37479 or 44607 (every time I restart the daemon they are different). The only thing I can set is "peer-port-random-high" and "peer-port-random-low" but these are for different purpose and are not used in my case because i use 51413 as peer port.
How I can limit the range of ports it uses so I can allow them through my firewall?
Baos

Re: How to limit port-range of transmission-daemon?

Post by Baos »

I would really love this feature as well! For me it is using higher ports and filling up firewall logs, though still working. I would prefer it to be at a specific port range. I noticed requests for this feature going back to 2010. I also noticed it did not obey /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range either.
Thanks.