Ratio miscomputed

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
elbarbudo21

Ratio miscomputed

Post by elbarbudo21 »

Running transmission 2.84 (14307) on a Raspberry PI 2 under OSMC. (Debian Jessie up to date))
Gui is transmission-remote-gui 5.0.1 on Linux Mint 18.1 Serena 64-bit.

This is a fresh install (less than one month).
I activated the ratio limit and I got impossible results :
ratio of 1569.689 , 724.414, 702.607......

Where are stored the numbers of bytes send and received for each torrent, in order to check if this is a display error or a real bug.

Thanks
elbarbudo21

Re: Ratio miscomputed

Post by elbarbudo21 »

I finally found the cause of this behavior :
The "sky-rocket" ratios are caused by the re-seeding an incomplete torrent.
I had a whole TV serie on my disk.
I got a torrent file for this serie
I opened it : after verification of the files, a little .nfo file was missing; I has been downloaded almost immediately and the torrent began to seed.

The only way I found to remove these irrelevant ratios was to remove the torrent (but not the files) and restart the seed...

Is there a more simple way to reset the ratio?
aastiesi

Post by aastiesi »

I noticed the same thing. It's annoying when reseeding a bunch of torrents on a new box. It verifies the data, doesn't take account of the fact that the data has been verified, meaning that its ratio counter calculates the ratio exponentially from however much you had downloaded from peers before verifying, and blows up the ratio as soon as your upload ratio starts to count up. Some egregious examples: 730 MB file uploaded 970 MB, Ratio: 715461; 3.3 GB file uploaded 3.6, Ratio: 28287; 730 MB file uploaded 630, Ratio: 6959.

Running 2.92 (14714) on Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon (kernel 4.15.0-20-generic).
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

ratio, RPC ''uploadRatio' is uploadedEver divided by downloadedEver, no matter how small downloadedEver is. In my forks of the daemon https://github.com/cfpp2p/transmission/releases and Transmission Remote GUI https://github.com/cfpp2p/transmisson-remote-gui I use the label Uploaded-to-Downloaded for the original ratio, and an additional label Seed-Ratio computed from 'uploadedEver' divided by 'sizeWhenDone'.