Changing location of .torrent and .resume files?

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Banat

Changing location of .torrent and .resume files?

Post by Banat »

How do I change the location of .torrent and .resume files? While we're at it, is logging disabled by default, and if not, how I can disable it?

I'm running Transmission dameon on a Raspberry Pi, and it's now corrupted twice the SD card, and I had to reinstall everything. Looks like writing to the SD card is the main reason for such corruption, and I'm trying to minimize that.

Therefore I'd like to move the .torrent and .resume files to an external HDD. I haven't found a way to do that, although moving temp and finished torrents can be done with settings.json.
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: Changing location of .torrent and .resume files?

Post by mike.dld »

If you want to move only the .torrent and .resume files then the only option is a symlink. If OTOH you're fine with moving the whole configuration directory then you could either set TRANSMISSION_HOME environment variable or pass a -g/--config-dir argument to transmission-daemon, both described in transmission-daemon(1) manual page.

There is no way to disable logging completely, and transmission-daemon logs to syslog by default. The location is customizable with -e/--logfile argument which will take precedence over syslog if specified.