Torrents list is cleared on reboot [Raspbian Jessie transmission-daemon]

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
vertikall

Torrents list is cleared on reboot [Raspbian Jessie transmission-daemon]

Post by vertikall »

not exactly an expert on UNIX but I managed to get transmission-daemon working on Raspbian Jesse on my Pi3B but everytime I reboot, my torrent list is empty and I have to manually add every torrent and verify local data to get it to continue where it left off.

if it makes any difference I'm also auto mounting the external usb hard drive (also externally powered) where the watch dir, incomplete, and completed torrents are located using fstab to a folder i created: /mnt/HDD
amanmore

Re: Torrents list is cleared on reboot [Raspbian Jessie transmission-daemon]

Post by amanmore »

Sorry if this is reviving a dead thread, but I'm also having the same issue about torrents being cleared if the pi ever reboots. Only, if I try to re-add the torrents, it says "Error: Unable to save torrent file: Permission denied", so I am unable to restart/resume the torrents by verifying local data either. I need to delete everything everytime, and start from scratch.

I am using Raspbian Stretch, and also using an external exfat HDD mounted to /mnt/HDD through fstab
killemov

Re: Torrents list is cleared on reboot [Raspbian Jessie transmission-daemon]

Post by killemov »

There are quite a few variables in play and using a non-Linux filesystem could be a complication.

A few steps to get you started:
  • Did you use apt-get install transmission-daemon to install Transmission?
  • What user is running transmission-daemon? (Should be debian-transmission)
  • Does debian-transmission have write-access to /var/lib/transmission-daemon/.config/transmission-daemon/torrents ?
  • Does debian-transmission have write-access to /var/lib/transmission-daemon/.config/transmission-daemon/torrents/*.torrent ?
  • Does debian-transmission have write-access to /var/lib/transmission-daemon/.config/transmission-daemon/resume ?
  • Does debian-transmission have write-access to /var/lib/transmission-daemon/.config/transmission-daemon/resume/*.resume ?