qt version of Transmission Having Issue with Incoming Port

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
ThePCMedicInIA

qt version of Transmission Having Issue with Incoming Port

Post by ThePCMedicInIA »

Howdy folks,

My apologies if my issue is going over old ground for the umpteenth time. I did do a limited search and it appears as though the issue I am having has been reported many times before.

I have Qtransmission bittorrent client v. 2.84 installed on Linux Mint 18.2. I always use a VPN connection, because Big Brother might be watching and what I do and who I do it to or with is none of his freakin' biznezz! That said..I tried to download some torrent files today and over the span of several hours, not one of the torrents had begun transferring data. Given the large number of seeders each torrent had, this struck me as suspicious. As I looked a the Preferences, I tested the port setting I found under the network tab. Transmission reported the port as closed.

My first step in troubleshooting was to turn off my firewall altogether so it could be ruled out as a source of the issue. No improvement was noted. Next, I delved into my router's settings and manually forwarded the specified port. Again, I experienced no improvement. That leaves only two possibilities: One is that my VPN connection which I've had forever is suddenly interfering with my ability to download torrents or something within the software has gotten hosed up.

I'll advise further after I have finished my troubleshooting.

Respects and best regards,