View by location?

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Ankular

View by location?

Post by Ankular »

The 'view' dropdown dialog has sort by: Activity, Age, Name, Progress, Ratio, Size, State, Time left.

I have more 12,000 torrents spread across 5 file systems. I'm re-arranging my disk arrays and I'd like to view by stored 'location'.

Is there anyway to make this happen? A 'bash' CLI command or script would be fine. I have no clue how the Transmission internals work and I'm not really that competent at scripting myself so some help here would be most appreciated.

I realize this might make a good feature request and I'll be happy to enter one a little later. At this time, it's probably simpler to go with a script.

The obvious follow on is to script a batch process for bulk location moving. I'm not really expecting much here and have more or less resigned myself to move some of torrents manually every day for some period of days. Having a report sorted by location in hand would make this immensely more managable.

But ... no harm asking for some help here too.

What I envision would be a CLI command:

Code: Select all

bulk.loc.mv /array1/root/of/src/tree/ /array2/root/of/dest/tree/
For example:

Code: Select all

bulk.loc.mv /ExtArray1/Anime-0A/ /NewArray01/Anime-0A/
The idea would be to parse the source directory tree for torrents whose location tree matches a parsed directory tree. The new location would be formed by truncating off the source root portion and prepending the remander with the destination root. There would be multiple torrents possible per parsed directory tree. The current location directory tree would have to be an exact match before being consider for re-location.

This last is way over my knowledge level and probably presents a real challange for anyone looking for what I believe is an interesting challange. ;)