Torrents paused on daemon startup

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
duongthuan

Torrents paused on daemon startup

Post by duongthuan »

Hi.

I've have transmission 2.33 installed on a NSLU2 running on Debian 5.0, and I'm having problems with torrents being paused on the transmission-daemon start up.

If I set the daemon running using /etc/init.d/transmission start , then it sucessfully runs, but any torrents are paused at start up. This is quite annoying as I want to schedule the daemon to start downloading at particular times using crontab, and at the moment the daemon just starts up, but the torrents are paused, so my NSLU2 just sits there doing nothing.

The situation isn't resolved if I:

click resume all on the web interface
/etc/init.d/transmission-daemon stop
/etc/init.d/transmission-daemon start
(again the torrents are paused on start up)

However, I don't have this problem if I run transmission-daemon (logged in as root), kill the process transmission-daemon, and then re-start transmission-daemon. The torrents are not paused on startup.

Anyone know why this may be happening?

PS - I assume that I need to use /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon rather than transmision-daemon when scheduling the daemon using Crontab? Sorry probably a basic question but I am a linux newbie :oops:

Thanks