Control transmission-gtk from gnome-schedule

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Catdaddy

Control transmission-gtk from gnome-schedule

Post by Catdaddy »

Hi, friends. My ISP has a "bonus downloads" time from 2AM to 8AM. When I remember to start Transmission before I go to bed, that's cool. I want to set it up to start when I forget AND start all torrents. Getting it to start with the command "transmission-gtk &" works fine. What I want to know is what would be the command to start all torrents. I ASSUME a terminal command will work, AND that this is what's happening when Gnome-Schedule issues a command. I'm not exactly a newb, as I have been using Mint and transmission for over 10 years, but I am DEFINITELY not an advanced user- but I muddle through. I found the commands for using Transmission-cli, but I'd rather it just ran the GUI version. And those commands won't work. And maybe the command to stop all torrents would be good, too- in case some don't finish before turtle mode ends (which I have set to be unlimited, compared to normal settings, which are set LOW.) TIA for all help!!