Script to Remove Completed Torrent From List

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
rebeltaz

Script to Remove Completed Torrent From List

Post by rebeltaz »

OK... maybe I'm just an idiot. I know that transmission (2.84) has a "call script when torrent is completed" option. I don't know what parameters that passes to the script and I could not find that anywhere. I have found scripts that are eight and ten years old, but they all work by scanning torrent directories themselves and remotely calling transmission to work.

Is there not a script that can be called (linux) that will, once a torrent is completed downloading, remove the .torrent file and also remove the torrent from the transmission download list? I don't want to touch the actual file that was downloaded. I just want the torrent removed from the list.
ThePowerTool

Re: Script to Remove Completed Torrent From List

Post by ThePowerTool »

OK I don't often post here but I think I can help with this:

Here is a similar question: viewtopic.php?t=10993

Here is a list of environment variables: https://github.com/transmission/transmi ... -Variables

You can write a BASH script to do exactly what you are looking for using the standard environment variables (from the above link) and the transmission-remote command.