Web-Browser-UI-Find Results Sequence

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
ThePowerTool

Web-Browser-UI-Find Results Sequence

Post by ThePowerTool »

I have been noticing for some time that when using the web browser UI in conjunction with find the order of results (using "next") isn't always sequentially down the page. Frequently find will scroll down and then back up sometimes repeatedly. I'm honestly not sure if this is a bug. If it is I am happy to go through the process to report it.

How to experience this sequence issue using Find:
1. Run the Transmission GTK client (I'm using Fedora)
Note: I've tested this on several versions. The one I'm using atm is 2.92 (14714).
2. Configure Transmission to support browser access
3. Start your web browser and enter the URL to access your client from another system.
Note: I've only checked using Firefox but on multiple versions of Fedora and Windows. The most current version of Firefox I have tested and verified is Firefox 57.0 (64-bit)
4. You will need a long list of torrents to test. I've never tested with less than 100.
Note: The easiest way to see this is, once you have a number of torrents at 100%, search on the text "upload" and click the next arrow to scroll down the page. Watching the scroll bar you should see it scroll down but occasionally scroll back up and then continue down again (specifically not referring to reaching the final match on the page and popping back to the top).