Not Moving eBooks

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
mccorkled

Not Moving eBooks

Post by mccorkled »

My movies, tv, and music all move to /complete just fine but eBooks just will not move. I am using Transmission 2.92 (14714). I am using the Docker version and I am unsure how to get the logs.

Thanks
cfpp2p

Re: Not Moving eBooks

Post by cfpp2p »

I don't know Docker version but take a look at this post viewtopic.php?t=17759 as the problem seems similar in the respect that only sometimes are files moved.
mccorkled

Post by mccorkled »

Thanks! I am actually running as root so this shouldn't be the case. This is strictly ONLY happening with eBooks. What's weird is that the other day after I noticed this issue, ONE book was moved that had failed to move multiple times before. I don't know how to access the logs so no troubleshooting was done.
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

If you take a look at the man page, what you need to do is pass -e/--logfile, and maybe --log-{error,info,debug}, to transmission-daemon to get a log file. If you don't to that, default is to write the messages to syslog.
mccorkled

Post by mccorkled »

I looked at that page and don't understand. I am new to Linux and Dockers. Are those environmental variables?
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

If you're not new to computer programs in general and command line in particular, those are the arguments that you pass to the program when you start it. I don't know how exactly you're running transmission inside the docker, so I cannot advise you how to pass those arguments to the daemon.
mccorkled

Post by mccorkled »

I am using a Synology device to run the Dockers.
mccorkled

Post by mccorkled »

Thanks. The one issue deals with all downloads not moving, and the other with download disappearing. My issue is with downloads not moving, but ONLY eBooks.
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

If something in docker, or you directly, sets a new location with move data checked the incomplete location is removed from the .resume file for the torrent. Then the data won't move when done. You can try adding an ebook torrent via the watch directory, then see what happens. I think this must have something to do with how you are initially adding the ebook type torrents or something else setting a new location afterwards.
mccorkled

Post by mccorkled »

They are being automatically grabbed via LazyLibrarian. It is like Radarr and Sonarr but for books.
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

Yes, I would think that's where the problem lies. Start an ebook torrent without using LazyLibrarian and I believe you won't have a problem. Maybe submit an issue to https://github.com/DobyTang/LazyLibrarian/issues
mccorkled

Post by mccorkled »

I submitted one and he closed it and told me to come here since it is a Transmission problem.
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

Have you tested ebook torrent or magnet with your setup WITHOUT using LazyLibrarian? You can send me a public ebook torrent or magnet that exhibits the behavior you describe and I'll test it.
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

I don't see your ticket issue at https://github.com/DobyTang/LazyLibrarian/issues however I DO see what you describe EXACTLY at https://github.com/DobyTang/LazyLibrarian/issues/1188 and then poster indicates
I apologize -- I think I may have fixed my own problem