transmission permissions

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
tpitman

transmission permissions

Post by tpitman »

I have read several of the posts about this and nothing seems to work for me.

I have an Odroid-C2 with Ubuntu 16.04. I installed SickGear and Transmission Daemon.

If I point the watch-dir to /opt/SickGear and leave everything else alone everything works fine. Sickgear finds a torrent and puts it in the watch folder and transmission downloads it to /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads.

I don't have much room on my SD card, so I have a 256GB USB thumb drive.

I created a ext4 partition of the whole thing. I created folders on this drive.

I did:

chown -R debian-transmission:debian-transmission /media/odroid/Videos

If I check the permissions properties in the file explorer is does everything is set to debian-transmission with the ability to create / read / write / delete.

If i then stop transmission and edit the settings.json file and switch the watch-dir and download-dir to the folders on that usb drive and start transmission I get an error in the systemctl status that permissions are not right for the watch-dir. If I switch only the download-dir setting then it starts fine and see the torrent in /opt/SickGear, but then when it tries to write to the download folder it shows a permissions error in the web view.

What can I do to fix this?