Transmission-QT 2.93 Not Displaying on Windows

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
IcyLetters

Transmission-QT 2.93 Not Displaying on Windows

Post by IcyLetters »

So I recently downloaded the 2.93 build of Transmission-QT and it worked for a day or so but now doesn't display. It appears as an icon on my taskbar but doesn't actually display a window. I have tried reinstalling it, running it as admin, running in compatibility modes for older versions of windows and tried downloading a nightly build. I have also tried using Windows + Arrow keys to move it to my monitors in case that was an issue but nothing appears to work. If I hover over it all the open programs fade out which is normal for programs. The only way to view it is with alt-tab which doesn't allow me to interact just see the UI. It still opens torrent files and magnet links but nothing happens. The only sign of life I get is when restarting it which very briefly opens the window and then appears to immediately close yet the icon is still there on the task bar and it appears in alt-tab. If someone can help me with this it would really be helpful.
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: Transmission-QT 2.93 Not Displaying on Windows

Post by mike.dld »

1. Locate settings.json (in e.g. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\transmission\settings.json) and open it with a text editor (e.g. notepad). Check out the values of "main-window-x" and "main-window-y" keys and compare them to your screen resolution. If window coordinates are outside of the screen, try removing those keys (while the client is not running) and then starting the client.

2. Click on the taskbar button corresponding to Transmission and then press Alt+Space. If you see the context menu, choose "Move" and use arrow keys to try and move the window to the visible area of the screen.