deleted torrents keep coming back

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Statick

deleted torrents keep coming back

Post by Statick »

Every time I restart Transmission (e.g. after restarting Windows) two torrents which have been deleted, come back and start downloading all over again. I click "delete and remove data" on them, they go away. Then, next restart, they come back. It's the same 2 torrents each time, all other torrents stay deleted. Was doing this under 2.92, I updated to 2.93 and it is still happening.

Ideas?
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: deleted torrents keep coming back

Post by mike.dld »

If this also happens when you restart Transmission (without restarting Windows), I would guess that you have watch directory set up and for some reason Transmission is unable to either remove or rename the two .torrent files thus adding them on each start.
Statick

Post by Statick »

if I restart the transmission service in windows then yes they come back
there's no watch folder though, the "automatically add torrents" thing is disabled
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

Are you using the Qt client to manage the daemon? if so, check that the watch directory is disabled for it as well. Basically, there will be two settings.json files, one used by the client and one used by the daemon.
Statick

Post by Statick »

I am doing that. It usually works on "remote session" to the daemon, and the settings have no watch folder. If I change to "start local session" and check the settings, there's still no watch folder. The torrents that keep coming back are visible in the remote session to the daemon, not in the local session. Is there a better way to check the settings for the daemon to make sure there's no watch folder?

Also I did a file search of the entire system for .torrent files, and cannot find any actual torrent files for these torrents that keep coming back. They were both originally added by "open url" and pasting in a magnet link.
shutopa

Post by shutopa »

What is the original name of the .torrent file?

I have seen something similar on as well, in 2.93 and earlier (haven't tried 2.94 yet). It seems to be something with file names.. it's possible to add torrents with incompatible file names (non ASCII characters and such), but deleting them from Transmission fails.

A work around is to shut down Transmission and delete the .torrent and .resume file for the torrent with the issue. That should remove the torrent completely from Transmission.