"Error: No data found" and "Permission denied" problem on my Transmission 2.93

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Surfi

"Error: No data found" and "Permission denied" problem on my Transmission 2.93

Post by Surfi »

Hello, since a few days ago I have been experiencing this problem in several of my active torrents in Transmission 2.93-14 installed in my Synology DS216j. The message is the following:

"Error: no data found! Ensure your drives are connected or use" Set Location. "To re-download, remove the torrent and re-add it."

This happened for the first time the past week and just with all the torrents that contained a folder in its download, some like TV series, music albums, packs ..., the other torrents work correctly. But today when I was going to start a new download, I got the same error and it does not even start the download.

At the same time, the torrents now do not automatically start when putting them in the "Torrent" folder of the Transmission, I have to add them manually from the Transmission so that at least it is added to the queue, although it never gets started because it shows me the message "Error: permission denied (path of the new torrent)". This happens with every new torrent I try to start downloading.

Please, I need help, does anyone know what may be happening? The strange thing is that I have 38 active torrents that work perfectly, I can stop and restart them without any problem, but those in folders and the new ones seems that there is no way to activate them.

Thank you!
sethfeinberg

Re: "Error: No data found" and "Permission denied" problem on my Transmission 2.93

Post by sethfeinberg »

You ever figure anything out? I believe I am having a similar issue. At first it manifested itself as the webui not loading (saying Connection denied and to refresh). I was only able to get my previously downloaded torrents to show up by changing rpc-authorization-enabled from false to true (requiring a username and password). And even after being able to access the WebUI no torrents are added from the watch directory.

I believe this is related to privileges and I believe the username that transmission runs as was changed to sc-transmission (dunno what FROM or when). All the transmission folders (and files in @appstore/transmission) have the ownership: sc-transmission:transmission. I used to be able to just drop torrents downloaded on my laptop into the watched dir and they would load. The ones I dropped in there had the ownership of the laptop (not surprising). But even chowning those to sc-transmission:transmission doesn't get the torrents to add to transmission (and isn't something I want to have to do every time). Can anybody offer any advice?
andretrizzo

Re: "Error: No data found" and "Permission denied" problem on my Transmission 2.93

Post by andretrizzo »

Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm facing the same issue with Transmission in Synology NAS.
Did someone figure out how to solve this?

Thanks!
svaenus

Post by svaenus »

Have the same issue.
Transmission 2.94 on macOS.

Addin torrents via WebUI causes the issue
--> Error: Permission denied (path of the new torrent)
Pausing and reloading gives:
--> Error: No data found...

Re-adding adding magnet link from the app itself makes it work.

Thankful for any help
captenaj

Post by captenaj »

I am having the same issue, running transmission 2.93. When delete and re-download the magnetic link it works for a few seconds and then I get the same error. Can anyone help? Thanks.
senor

Post by senor »

Hello, I'm using 2.94 but the information may apply to you.

Came across the Permission Denied error after I had to switch out the HD that I saved to in the past. I implemented the same file structure including a TM subdirectory called Incomplete to store incomplete downloads.

After struggling with the error I removed the "Keep incomplete files in: ...." checkmark in Preferences and now the downloads work fine.

Hope this helps you.
bjlockie

Post by bjlockie »

Do any of you use the change session feature?