Transmission pausing

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
jwhitt12

Transmission pausing

Post by jwhitt12 »

running with ubuntu 16.04.4 & transmission 2.93

I have a single torrent and it keeps on pausing itself. I would send a log if I knew where it was. I have restarted it several times but, within 2-5 minutes it pauses again. I have never had this happen before.

Thank you.................
jwhitt12

Re: Transmission pausing

Post by jwhitt12 »

As far as I know its stopped doing that. Must have been fixed!

Thanks for the reply.............
Paylor147

Post by Paylor147 »

For the past three nights, I left transmission running and went to sleep. To my surprise, each time I woke up, not even an hour of progress had been made. Both my computer and my internet connection were continously running the whole night. The reason for the lack of downlaod progress was the the torrent had automatically been paused by transmission, showing a 'Verify local data' error. The error message did not persist and the files were downloaded without corruption after simply resuming.
Hikari

Post by Hikari »

I had faced this issue some times too. For no apparent reason, a torrent keeps pausing itself.

What I did to solve it was to create a script that cron runs every minute, that starts again these torrents.

It's not very frequent but happened several times over past years. ATM there's none in this situation.