can seed with utorent, but CAN'T with transmission

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
sirius123

can seed with utorent, but CAN'T with transmission

Post by sirius123 »

hi,

I'm trying to share over 300 gig of picture with a friend, so i created a private torrent and tried to seed it with transmission, but it did not seed.

So i tried the following test to see what was wrong:

I create the .torrent file with utorrent 2.2.1 as private torrent and then I download the test folder with my freeNas Box which run transmission 2.93. it was able to download it with no problem. Then I start a third machine with utorrent 2.2.1 and tried to receive incomming packet from the other 2 machine, but only the windows machine with utorrent was able to seed even if I cap the windows machine to 1Kb/s it only download from the windows machine even if the transmission was complete 100%, running torrent and with no bandwith limit.

i look for a possible problem of port, but

canyouseeme . org tel me that the port of my windows machine 10000 and the port for the freeNas box 10001 are both open.

so i don't understand why i can't seed with transmission.
btw it's not an option to seed the 300 gig folder with my windows machine because it is not stored on that machine and i don't want to let it open 24/7