completed torrents lose location after transmission crash

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
xxteknolustxx

completed torrents lose location after transmission crash

Post by xxteknolustxx »

Hello,

Last night I killed a script that was running after a torrent completed downloading (i.e., the script "script-torrent-done-filename" property points to), then right after it the transmission daemon went down. I didn't see anything in transmission log or /var/log/messages

Then when I brought it back up, all my torrents locations were gone, and they tried downloading again from the default location in settings.json instead of their correct locations I set the first time.

Is this expected behavior? (transmission going down if I kill a script running from transmission and the individual torrent locations reverting on crash)

transmission version 2.94 (d8e60ee44f)

Thanks
xxteknolustxx

Re: completed torrents lose location after transmission crash

Post by xxteknolustxx »

I think I know why the torrents "lost" their location. It was because i originally started the transmission daemon with root, then after crash, I started with sc-transmission, so there were a lot of permission denied errors during restart on the resume files and torrent files. So that makes sense

Just wondering about the crash now