Unpack/unrar on 2.9.2 in ubuntu

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
aspoels

Unpack/unrar on 2.9.2 in ubuntu

Post by aspoels »

I have tried many, many scripts from this forum and from reddit as well and I am still unable to get unpacking working for rar files. I am running transmission 2.92 (14714) on ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS...
killemov

Re: Unpack/unrar on 2.9.2 in ubuntu

Post by killemov »

Try this Unrar and cleanup script and post questions there after reading the starting post carefully.
aspoels

Post by aspoels »

killemov wrote:Try this Unrar and cleanup script and post questions there after reading the starting post carefully.
This is the thread I first tried- I was unable to get that script to work at all. Also, that script and many others force the user to set a static destination for all unrared/unpacked torrents, while I need them to just star in the directory that the compressed files are in
killemov

Post by killemov »

aspoels wrote:
killemov wrote:Try this Unrar and cleanup script and post questions there after reading the starting post carefully.
This is the thread I first tried- I was unable to get that script to work at all. Also, that script and many others force the user to set a static destination for all unrared/unpacked torrents, while I need them to just star in the directory that the compressed files are in
Nope ... you're wrong. I guess you tried another script and got confused.

From the script:

Code: Select all

# Source directory, should not be changed.
  SRC_DIR="${TR_TORRENT_DIR}/${TR_TORRENT_NAME}"
  # Directory to store the un-compressed files in..
  DEST_DIR="${TR_TORRENT_DIR}/${TR_TORRENT_NAME}/"
TR_TORRENT_DIR and TR_TORRENT_NAME are variables set by transmission itself. Change DEST_DIR to /tmp/ to have unrar put the files there for example.