Strange behaviour on downloads

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
kill_us_now

Strange behaviour on downloads

Post by kill_us_now »

I will try to resume as much as posible: Basically video torrents are getting "corrupted" when my hdd goes under 15% of free space.

- Using transmission on ubuntu for armbian on a orange pi (raspberry clone) as torrent box.

- The same working torrent, downloaded with enough space works just fine on the tv, the same torrent downloaded under 15% space get complains in the tv about "not compatible", yet it reproduces fine on PCS.

- The hdd is brand new, 100% health on HDD sentinel, also tried with pen drives filling them to only 15% space and exactly the same happens, so its not an HDD problem. The format used is NTFS.

- The same "incompatible file", if downloaded to file system and then copied over to the external HDD, again, works fine, if downloaded directly to the external its "incompatible".

- The torrent client checks the file hash and its "perfect" and seeding.

Seriously, its not like i cant make workarounds, this is just a matter of knowledge, why this happens is a mistery for me and i would like to know the technical explanation for a behaviour like this, thx!
killemov

Re: Strange behaviour on downloads

Post by killemov »

The only similar problem known to me is a possibly corrupt torrent when the torrent stops due to full disk. Verify and redownload the corrupt piece and you're done. The problem you are describing is somewhere between your TV and harddisk, including your TV. The file is definitely not corrupt when Transmission states the hash checks out after verifying. Also when copying a "corrupt" file to another device where it suddenly becomes "incorrupt" might be an indication of some other problems. I don't know how NTFS figures into this, but I would recommend vfat/exfat over NTFS for USB sticks anytime.
kill_us_now

Re: Strange behaviour on downloads

Post by kill_us_now »

Its just so strange behaviour that im completelly lost. It makes no sense to me.
I would bet of how the torrent clients transfer the data to the NTFS hdd when its low on space and how this makes the tv unable to read it, but yet, those inside mechanics are beyond my knowledge and i may be completelly wrong.