Torrents not seeding

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Thot82

Torrents not seeding

Post by Thot82 »

SYSTEM
BitTorrent Client: Transmission 2.92 (14714)
Automatic Video Library Manager: SickChill Database Version: 44.0

Recently over the last week most of the torrents I download automatically go to "Seeding complete" after they finish downloading. I have not updated or changed anything on my system (at the time the issue started, I have since trying to fix). I double checked my setting anyways and everything looks correct:

Transmission
Edit Preferences>Torrents>Seeding: Stop seeding at ratio and Stop seeding if idle for (min) -BOTH ARE UNCHECKED

SickChill
Search Setting: Stop Seeding when inactive for - SET to -1 (passes nothing to client)
Search Providers>Provider Options>Seed Ratio: Set to -1 (default to seed forever)

I use a private tracker. I checked with them to make sure they weren't having any issues or made any changes. They are telling me the issue is on my side. I've been using torrents for many years. I have never had this issue. I've tried everything I can think of. Changed settings, updated programs, reset programs, reset system, checked permissions in FreeBSD, checked if my ISP was throttling BitTorrent connections. Everything is how it should be.

I am completely lost.
Any help would be greatly apprecited.
Brent099

Re: Torrents not seeding

Post by Brent099 »

I was experiencing the exact same thing with version 2.94. I found the cause to be a default setting that needs to be changed in your settings.json file.

These appear to be the default values, which makes the seeding stop if idle for 1 minute.
"idle-seeding-limit": 1,
"idle-seeding-limit-enabled": true,

Changing "idle-seeding-limit-enabled" to false resolved the issue for me. I could not find this setting in the UI, that is why it is necessary to change it in settings.json.