Help Error: Illegal seek

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission

Help Error: Illegal seek

Post by 3125034014 »

Hi!
I'm using transmission on google cloud platform, ubuntu 16.04. i want to download files using transmission to onedrive, which is mounted using rclone, and it's functional, i can download files or move files to the folder. So when i try to download a bt file to onedrive, it says Error: Illegal seek, but no error came when i download the same file to local disk. Could anyone tell me why and how to repair.
HELP!
THANKS!
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: Help Error: Illegal seek

Post by mike.dld »

It could be that Rclone doesn't support the whole set of file operations (like maybe seeking past the end of the file which is common during download), being a synchronization software. What you could try doing is setting up an incomplete directory which is outside of Rclone mountpoint, and download directory which is inside of it, so that files are initially downloaded to your local disk and then moved to under Rclone control. Another option might be to set preallocation mode to "full" (2) instead of "sparse" (1), latter being the default.