QNAP - Transmission no longer unpacks/unrar files

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Rikachu

QNAP - Transmission no longer unpacks/unrar files

Post by Rikachu »

Hi everyone,

Been a recent lurker for general Transmission news, but had to reach out on this occasion due to a recent issue.

Hopefully this is the right place?

I’ve been using transmission to download for awhile now, and it’s been working fine and my zip/rar archives were unpacking upon download completing.

However, I’ve just upgraded from 3TB to 8TB storage and transferred my media across.

Now, when transmission completes a download... all I see is an empty folder (with the same name as torrent) with no contents extracted. Checking the transmission unpack logs, it just says “error unpacking xxyyzz”

Are there any troubleshooting steps I can try?

Recent events that may have affected it:
1) Updated QNAP firmware to 4.3.3.1098 build.... reverted back to an earlier 4.3.3 build.
2) Moved media from HDD in bay1 to HDD in bay2
3) Reverted back to Transmission 2.84

Any help much appreciated... please let me know if any additional info is needed. :?:
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: QNAP - Transmission no longer unpacks/unrar files

Post by mike.dld »

Transmission neved had the functionality of unpacking archives built in. You're probably using a torrent completion script to achieve that, and thus need to either dig into it yourself or contact its author for assistance.