Transmission does not count existing local files as "Downloaded"

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
moonmadness

Transmission does not count existing local files as "Downloaded"

Post by moonmadness »

Hi everyone. I have just switched from qBittorrent to transmission. I added all my existing .torrents
to transmission and it worked well. However, it seems that transmission does not count existing
local files as "Downloaded". Stats say: "Downloaded: None". Is there any way to fix this?
killemov

Re: Transmission does not count existing local files as "Downloaded"

Post by killemov »

You have to make sure that the download location and the location of the downloaded files match. If they do then a recheck should start automatically every time you add a torrent. If not, set the download location of the torrent and do a recheck manually.
Zellc

Re: Transmission does not count existing local files as "Downloaded"

Post by Zellc »

I seem to be having the same issue as this as well. I'm using the remote GUI, but while attempting to migrate .torrents over, I had success with it verifying all the files for everything in a specific folder, but as soon as I changed the file path for importing some more new ones, the file check always came back 0%. The funny thing is that you can "open containing folder" and the folder opens up fine, same with any subfolders, or even open up all the files from the remote GUI to be opened in their default application. But for some reason Transmission thinks there's nothing there at all when attempting to verify when adding or when manually verifying.

I'm using Transmission 2.94 (x64) with TransGUI v5.18.0 (x32) both on the same Win7 machine.