TerraMaster F2-210 Transmission immediately stops after startup

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
gemini2048

TerraMaster F2-210 Transmission immediately stops after startup

Post by gemini2048 »

I recently purchased a TerraMaster F2-210 NAS that has Transmission as one of the available applications in the TOS desktop. The Transmission application seemed to install without issue, but when I click "Start" the dialog says "Configuring..." for about 3 seconds, then immediately changes to "Stopped", with "Operation Successful!" being shown quickly on screen.

I'm having a hard time googling for further setup instructions, as I'm clearly missing a step somewhere. This was as close to the same issue as I could find, but it appears that individual's problem magically disappeared by installing the latest TOS software on their NAS (which I have already done, as it is brand new and it required me to install the latest version of its OS). https://forum.terra-master.com/en/viewtopic.php?t=344

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Software Details:
Issued by: TerraMaster
Version: 2.94
Release Date: 2020-07-08 16:24:59
Size 7.34M
marchina

Re: TerraMaster F2-210 Transmission immediately stops after startup

Post by marchina »

Have the same issue, any solutions???
gemini2048

Re: TerraMaster F2-210 Transmission immediately stops after startup

Post by gemini2048 »

So far my solution has been to use qbittorrent on 3 of my PCs within my home and just map the NAS drive to a drive on each of the PCs and add torrents with whichever PC happens to be on. It's a mess, but I guess that's what happens when you buy the most economical NAS out there with its own weird OS.