Transfers go to "Verifying local data" every time I restart daemon

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
renatorod

Transfers go to "Verifying local data" every time I restart daemon

Post by renatorod »

Hi Everyone.

Once again it was necessary to reinstall my raspberry pi system. After I did this a few times, I learned to put the .torrent files and data files back in their proper place. I also learned that I should run a "verify local data" after things are in place.

By the way, I put some torrents for "verify local data" and waited, waited and waited. I used the web interface on another machine. That is ok, but when I restarted the raspberry pi system, to my surprise, all those torrents went back to "queued for verification" condition!

Some extra information is:
-I am running transmission-daemon version 2.94-2+deb10u1 on a raspberry pi 3 with Raspberry Pi OS Buster
-I am using transmission-web client (on another machine) to manage my torrents

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Maybe debian version of transmission is outdated an causing this?

I will report new information soon.

Thank you.
ton618

Re: Transfers go to "Verifying local data" every time I restart daemon

Post by ton618 »

Hi Guys,

Having the same problem after moving data and .torrents file on another host.

Any solution for that ?
ton618

Post by ton618 »

Found the problem, the folder "resume", wasn't migrated on the new host
breakthestatic

Post by breakthestatic »

I'm having this problem as well (although not related to a migration). Every time I reboot the machine (running ubuntu server 20.04) it rechecks every single torrent. I've tried pausing the torrents before restarting, stopping the daemon, etc. but no matter what I do, it does a complete recheck. I verified that the torrent files in resume have not been touched/modified in any way. What mechanisms in the code are used to determine when a recheck is necessary? Anything else that can be tried to avoid maxing out my server for 3-4 hrs whenever it reboots???