Windows to Linux - things to speedup migration of the Trasnmission torrent client configuration?

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
postcd

Windows to Linux - things to speedup migration of the Trasnmission torrent client configuration?

Post by postcd »

I think that Transmission and qBittorrent developers failed to make the configuration in one readable and editable file, so the migration between operating systems would involve just editing this one file and doing search & replace in paths.

But it seems one have to do the things manually. Aim of this topic is to ask you to share the tips to speedup the migration process (mainly changing save paths). Here is what i did:

Transmission Windows to Linux:
On Manjaro (based on Arch): pacman -S transmission-gtk transmission-remote-gtk
I ran it and then quit.
Then
cd;cd .config/transmission
cp /path/to/windowsbackup/c/users/me/appdata/local/transmission/* .
rmdir Torrents Resume;mv torrents Torrents;mv resume Resume
Now the paths was wrong. I can sort by path in Transmission Remote app. and possibly do bulk change in torrent location. This worked though on custom torrents i have to do the modification for each torrent. I am lucky to have only 300 torrents, but in other torrent client i have more than 1000 and imagine time wasting involved in changing all these.

What are steps to speed up the process of adjusting paths to fit Linux structure?

example difference in paths:

old:
C:\Media\Movies\Sci-Fi\Star Wars\Last Jedi\
new:
/run/media/user/disk/Media/Movies/Sci-Fi/Star Wars/Last Jedi