Frustrated with Partial downloads marked as Complete

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
rolinster

Frustrated with Partial downloads marked as Complete

Post by rolinster »

I've been using Transmission for several years now. And, it's a great tool. However, I think it is about time that this issue with the partial downloads being marked as complete is addressed. A few years ago after being frustrated by this issue, I performed a search of past issues and found that this has been reported as a problem since 2010. At the time, users were asking for a patch or workaround to call the "Verify Local Data" functionality. The developers were adamant that this was not the best way to address this "supposed" issue. Has there been any progress on an alternate way? Other users have resorted to running a script on completion. Has anyone figured out the common denominator that causes this issue. I realize that there are a limited number of developers on the project and they have to prioritize their work. This issue is a major flaw in the product. Because this happens so frequently for certain users, it forces users to manually verify every downloads to ensure that they are indeed complete. In the software world this would be considered a Severity 2 bug. The only reason it is not considered a Severity 1 bug (highest priority) is that there is a workaround where the user can continuously issue a "Verify Local Data" until validation passes. This work around is supposed to be a temporary solution (10 years is too long). So, to the devs from a fellow dev, what do we need to do to increase the priority and get to the bottom of this issue.