Open files on Windows 10 network share not being closed

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
wbshaw

Open files on Windows 10 network share not being closed

Post by wbshaw »

My setup is this:
Rasp Pi hosting transmission, downloading to shared drive hosted on Windows 10, mounted on the Pi via Fstab. This all works fine.

I was looking into an issue on my Windows 10 machine, which hosts the shared drive, where large amount of RAM were being consumed but not by and running process. I discovered that the usage was caused by 'mapped files' held in RAM as they were classed as open files on the network share (opened by the user running Transmission on the Pi). However, the files never seem to get closed once Transmission is done with them (I expect them to be there whilst seeding, but some of them are there many days after any seeding has taken place), instead remaining open and slowly consuming more RAM on the Windows 10 machine until either a reboot, or manually closed.

Is there something within Transmission that can ensure the files are properly closed once no longer required, and therefore released from memory on the Windows machine?