Transmission Script after completion *Not working*

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
mec763

Transmission Script after completion *Not working*

Post by mec763 »

I have transmission running on a raspberry pi 3b+ using the latest dietpi image. I'm having a hell of a time getting my script to run after making sure it's enabled in the settings.json file. Rebooted several times etc. I gave my script file 777 file permissions and have tried different group/user file properties and it will not load.

debian-transmission:dietpi
debian-transmission:root
root:root

all with executable file properties.

For sake of a simple script I just put an echo "test" > /path/to/log/log.log in to see if it's calling the script.

What am I missing here?
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: Transmission Script after completion *Not working*

Post by mike.dld »

Things to try first:

1. Check that the user Transmission is running as has access to your script. Note that on Linux this usually means access to parent directories as well (for read or read/execute). E.g.

Code: Select all

# sudo su debian-transmission -s /bin/sh -c 'cat /path/to/script.sh'
# sudo su debian-transmission -s /bin/sh -c 'ls /path/to'
# sudo su debian-transmission -s /bin/sh -c 'ls /path'
2. Do the same for /path/to/log/log.log, replacing `cat` with `touch` (as you now need to check that writing, not reading, is allowed)
3. Make sure your script contains a proper shebang line as its very first line, e.g. "#!/bin/sh" (w/o quotes)
4. Make sure all paths are absolute (i.e. path to script in settings.json, path to log file, etc.) to avoid relying on current working directory (which you don't know) of Transmission and/or your script

The list goes on, but I guess some of the above might do the trick.