Changing 'destination' in .resume files

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Lxxm

Changing 'destination' in .resume files

Post by Lxxm »

Hi everyone.

I recently migrated from my old computer to a Raspberry Pi and I want keep my torrents in Transmission, since the path of all the files changed, I want to update the path directly on the .resume files. I want to do this in the .resume files and not manually because I have about 5,000 torrents in Transmission and they are organized in subfolders, it would take forever to do it manually. The old main disk is now connected to the raspberry via usb, so the necessary path changes are the following:

The original path is this:

Code: Select all

/home/MyName/...
The new path is this:

Code: Select all

/media/pi/MyHDD/home/MyName/...
I though what I needed to do is to use a batch 'find and replace' software to replace the old path with the new path in all the .resume files but it doesn't seem to work. I made sure the path is correct but when I open Transmission with the new .resume files edited all the torrents changed their location to the path set in "download-dir" in the settings.json.

I've tried several times to do this and nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you for your help!!
eugenkss

Re: Changing 'destination' in .resume files

Post by eugenkss »

In the .resume files, directly before the download path, there is a number (and a colon) which tells the character length of the path.
You would have to modify this number too, in order to match the new path.

So if your path was "/home/MyName", then there was a "12:" directly before it, right?

With a new path of "/media/pi/MyHDD/home/MyName", you would have to change the "12:" to "27:", if I counted correctly ;-)
Lxxm

Re: Changing 'destination' in .resume files

Post by Lxxm »

eugenkss wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:46 am In the .resume files, directly before the download path, there is a number (and a colon) which tells the character length of the path.
You would have to modify this number too, in order to match the new path.

So if your path was "/home/MyName", then there was a "12:" directly before it, right?

With a new path of "/media/pi/MyHDD/home/MyName", you would have to change the "12:" to "27:", if I counted correctly ;-)
Thank you very much. This helped a lot :)