How to download from phone to my WD NAS Transmission Web Interface

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Nafislord

How to download from phone to my WD NAS Transmission Web Interface

Post by Nafislord »

I can currently download by opening the transmission web interface portal in my phone by IP address and transmission when I am in the same network but I leave my house and I am staying somewhere else for a while I can't download anything on it. Can someone tell me a way I could download from my phone directly and it will download files onto my WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra which is running on version 5. I have the latest Transmission Version 1.15 from January 6, 2021. Please any help would greatly be appreciated.
Kind regards, Nafis
killemov

Re: How to download from phone to my WD NAS Transmission Web Interface

Post by killemov »

You're throwing a lot of versions around of stuff that does not make a lot of sense. For instance, the current version of Transmission 3.00+.

So you have a NAS (WD) a phone, a torrent and eventually the content from that torrent. So I guess Transmission is running on your NAS which you control with your phone. This works on your local network, but not outside of it. That makes your problem a network problem. There are two (of more) possible solutions. The easiest solution would be to set up a reverse proxy with https that exposes Transmission to the internet, The safest solution would be to set up a VPN with both your NAS and phone in it. This is all with the assumption you want to keep downloading content on your NAS and not on your phone.