Reinstall Transmission and moving data to avoid torrent recheck

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
vinhattieu

Reinstall Transmission and moving data to avoid torrent recheck

Post by vinhattieu »

Hi there,

I am using a DS214 with Transmission installed on Volume 1 and I just bought a new HDD as Volume 2.

It seems that when torrents are downloaded to Volume 2, Transmission has very slow response when I try to connect to it via Transmission Remote GUI. Everything seems fine when I choose Volume 1 to save the new downloads. I am guessing it is because Transmission is also running on Volume 1. Am I correct?

If that is the case, should I reinstall Transmission on volume 2 to get better speed (volume 1 is nearly full now and all downloads will go to volume 2 from now on).

And if reinstalling is the solution, is there any way that I can move the torrent data stored in the current Transmission to the new one so that I don't have to re-add and re-check every torrent I am seeding? I've read somewhere that you can do so by copy a resume folder or something similar to the new installation. And how can I access Transmission folder on my Synology to do that?

Many thanks.
killemov

Re: Reinstall Transmission and moving data to avoid torrent recheck

Post by killemov »

Yes, you need to copy both the .torrent files and the .resume files, both within a transmission config folder, while transmission is offline. You will probably need command line access for this.
jah72

Post by jah72 »

where can i find the command line access for this.
killemov

Post by killemov »

jah72 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:58 am where can i find the command line access for this.
Without JUST calling you lazy as hell: https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/system_terminal