Transfering Transmission from BSD to Linux - No data found

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
primoz

Transfering Transmission from BSD to Linux - No data found

Post by primoz »

So I tried transferring my Transmission 'session' from a docker container (running in a VM on my TrueNAS server) to a TrueNAS jail. I originally setup the docker instance because I managed to deal with folder permission and make the transmission instance work there (I previously used Deluge on another machine, boy am I happy Transmission 3 added the final missing feature, labels, enabling me to switch over). I have some plans with the docker VM and decided to try to move to the jail, to run transmission 'natively'.

I copied the contents of the /config folder of the docker instance over to the transmission instance (/usr/local/etc/transmission/home) and started the service. Remoting using the RemoteGUI works fine and dandy and allt he torrents show up as they should, with the correct statuses, except for a subset of torrents, that claim "No data found! Ensure your drives are connected or use "Set Location". To re-download, remove the torrent and re-add it.".

I checked the torrents folder, all the .torrent files are there. Opening the containing folder of the errored item works flawlessly and the files are there Besides, while a whole category in a distinct subfolder errors out (which could indicate permission problems), I also have quite a few torrents with the same issue, that are saved in other folders, where a bunch of torrents run perfectly fine. So it's not folder permissions per-se (and I can create files in all the folders SSH-ing to the jail, so I do have permissions).

Changing the save path to a different folder (and changing it back to the original folder too) makes no changes, Verify command does nothing, the folders just stick to their 'Stopped' status, refusing to budge.

Does anyone have any ideas where to look to find the issue?
primoz

Re: Transfering Transmission from BSD to Linux - No data found

Post by primoz »

Tried a few things, so I might add it here.

I tried removing and adding a magnet link, there is no difference. Removing it and adding the same .torrent file then verifying gives 0 % on the download and the same stopped status, but no error.

Starting it gives me permission errors and then the 'No data found' error. Meaning I do seem to have some file permission issues, but it's weird that this happens also on torrents in folders, that have perfectly fine performing torrents right beside them. And it's weird that I can't even share already downloaded folders, so for some reason Transmission doesn't even see those files?

EDIT: just checked it out via SSH, I can create files inside the Transmission jail in the offending folders, where Transmission doesn't have permissions, supposedly.

EDIT2: of course I do that with the root used in the jail...

EDIT3: another update, I noticed I have capitalisation issues in certain folder (The vs. the and the like). Fixing it in transmission doesn't help though.
primoz

Re: Transfering Transmission from BSD to Linux - No data found

Post by primoz »

And the final update, fixed the capitalisations on all the offending torrents, so it all works now, except for that folder where none of the torrents work. So it IS a permissions issue, as that folder is the only one on my personal dataset, where the permissions aren't as relaxed as they are on the other datasets, where I have the majority of the torrents.