Transmission Stops After Period of Time

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
TheSExUS

Transmission Stops After Period of Time

Post by TheSExUS »

Running Transmission-GTK 3.00 on Ubuntu 20.04. I believe this same issue has occured with the -daemon version of 2.94 and 3.00 on the same system but I cannot tell for sure due to the nature of the issue.

Problem: After a period of time, sometimes days, sometimes hours, transmission will stop seeding, be inaccessable over the network (webgui or transmission-remote), and no longer announcing torrents or logging anything. It is sort of like it is frozen in time.

The GUI will list torrents as actively seeding, but with 0kb/s up and no data flowing. The message window doesn't show anything strange, just the last messages from hours previously when the problem started. The GUI is responsive, i can move through menus and change settings. If I shut down and restart transmission everything works fine... until a few hours or a day later it happens all over again.

Thank you in advance for any help that you may provide for this problem.
TheSExUS

Re: Transmission Stops After Period of Time

Post by TheSExUS »

Reinstalled transmission and the problem went away. Problem solved but root cause never identified.