transmission is downloading temp files not into /mnt

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
sarumman

transmission is downloading temp files not into /mnt

Post by sarumman »

Hi,
I'm using ubntu 18.04. i used the follwoing commands to install:
sudo apt-get install transmission-cli transmission-common transmission-daemon
I mounted a dir into /mnt/drive and defined in the settings to download into that /mnt/drive folder incomplete files and completed files.
I stopped the dameon service, then I used sudo nano /var/lib/transmission-daemon/info/settings.json command to edit these settings, and then started the daemon again.
however I can clearly see by du -h command that /dev/sda1 is filling up space when downloading a torrent, and only after it's completion this space goes away.
any idea what I am doing wrong?
killemov

Re: transmission is downloading temp files not into /mnt

Post by killemov »

Please paste the actual commands and config lines here as it might be as simple as a typo.
eugenkss

Re: transmission is downloading temp files not into /mnt

Post by eugenkss »

Are you sure that you are editing the correct settings.json?
You could check by changing something with the transmission-daemon while it is running (in background), e.g. set to a different peer port.
Then you would stop the daemon and look at the modification time of your assumed settings.json and if your change was written to it.

If you know where the daemon is logging to (and logging is enabled), then you could look into the log. The daemon states the path to the settings.json which it is using.

As general solution, you could look into the start/stop script by which you are starting the daemon. It may contain a specific path to the settings.json it is using.